- Job Title: Assistant Editor – Night Shift/ 6 month position
- Employment Type: Temp
- Date Posted: 6/01/2017
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1705-711
Perform quality control evaluations on inbound global media assets coming into the network post-facility’s file-based shared storage infrastructure, making sure media deliverable’s meet technical standards and are universally acceptable for multi-platform distribution.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Perform Incoming Quality Control Checks.
- Perform Incoming Quality Control Edits.
- Perform Outgoing Quality Control Checks.
- Perform Outgoing Quality Control Edits and Conversions.
- Set up edit sequences for the program editors.
- Collaborate with various internal departments to troubleshoot technical issues regarding media assets, performing technical edit adjustments when needed.
- Perform quality control evaluations and conversions on outbound media assets to ensure distributed products meet the media destination’s technical specifications.
- Responsible for using DALET and Gorilla MAMs, ScheduAll, and VPS to obtain work order assignments and media information.
- Using non-linear editing systems, perform basic editing, such as inserting clean covers to create a textless sequence to be used as a base project for an International editor.
- Complete all necessary work orders.
- Other duties, as needed.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a solid background in television production.
- Must possess a solid background in Quality Control.
- Experience working with all forms of video and audio monitors, waveform and video scopes.
- Strong working knowledge of all video formats.
- Strong working knowledge of ScheduAll, Dalet, Word, Excel, Outlook and VPS.
- Knowledge of AVID and Premier editing systems.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects with a professional demeanor.
- Must have strong customer service/client relations skills.
- Must be a strong team player, have initiative and be enthusiastic about the products that are delivered.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Video/Film Production, Communications or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years’ work experience in a post facility or in network operations.
- Candidates should have 5+ years-experience with AVID products, Dolby 5.1 Audio, Premiere CC, After Effects, Tektronix, Alchemist, Vantage, UHD workflows, Media Encoder, Compressor, DVD authoring, knowledge of file & tape-based codecs and formats, a thorough MAC & PC cross-platform understanding.
^ Please note: When applying please use, Google Chrome, FireFox, or Safari browsers. Users may experience issues with Internet Explorer.
Terms & Conditions
- Candidate must be willing to undergo criminal background check.
- All Employees are subject to TeamPeople terms of employment, company policies and procedures.
- TeamPeople offers a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to a competitive wage or salary, to every full time employee which includes the following: Medical plan with a Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D/STD/LTD coverage, access to 401(k) plan, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays, PTO. TeamPeople also supports professional development. Part time employees receive competitive wages, access to 401(k) plan and Employee Assistance Program. Benefits are subject to change at employer’s discretion.
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.