- Job Title: AV Installation Technician II
- Employment Type: Perm
- Date Posted: 8/07/2017
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1702-646
Reports To: AV Integration Manager
Under supervision of the AV Integration Manager, use every best practice to upgrade systems and install new, permanent audiovisual and video conferencing solutions in small and medium-sized conference rooms across a large campus of global communicators.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Perform installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of AV systems and components
- Document quality standards, system anomalies, operational procedures, reference materials, and project work. Create and update systems documentation and SOPs.
- Supervise small teams of installers and lead for maximum efficiency
- Suggest methods for finding efficiencies and beating milestones
- Assist with inventory tracking
- Take on special projects related to new room upgrades and team maintenance needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Solid work ethic; interest and enthusiasm for growing skills in the IT or AV industry
- Proficient in current AV & VC industry practices, standards and procedures
- Proficiency with Cisco videoconferencing equipment, Crestron and AMX control systems, audio consoles, power amplifiers, digital signal processors, video matrix switchers, video scalers, PC interfaces and digital video recorders
- Ability to read and understand schematics, preferably draw them in CAD
- Ability to tune and tweak audio systems
- Strong soldering skills
- Audio and video cable fabrication
- Cable pulling and rack fabrication
- Able to bench test equipment and when needed prepare equipment to be sent out for repairs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment are essential
- Must be a self-starter and a team player
- A strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is critical
- Other job related responsibilities will be added as needed
- Must be willing to undergo background check
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred; will also consider Technical school training with electronics/installation training and related experience
- 8+ years’ experience with installations of various sizes
- AutoCAD drawing experience preferred
- CTS and CTS-I preferred
- The duties of this position require the ability to bend, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and to stand for long periods of time
- Must be capable of working at heights and have good balance, may be required to lift heavy equipment up to 60 pounds
- Adverse conditions may include noise and dust
^ Please note: When applying please use, Google Chrome, FireFox, or Safari browsers. Users may experience issues with Internet Explorer.
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.