- Job Title: DevOps Engineer
- Employment Type: Perm
- Date Posted: 6/14/2017
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Job #: JO-1706-730
This position in SF will be primarily responsible for maintaining the network infrastructure. Understand the underlying technologies in use, and continually push the edge of the technologies used in the company’s web sites. Keep abreast of the latest technologies and be able to offer innovative solutions for technical problems. Manage a team that works closely with the developers for releasing code and system architecture. Update system architecture to support new changes in web technologies. Work with legacy in-house systems and in house automation to keep existing systems online without interruption.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as the technical expert in multiple areas
- Lead larger, more complex projects with significant customer impact
- Sets Performance Direction: Translates broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete goals, aligns appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Participate in Digital Group Project Assessment process
- Develop innovative technology solutions and ensure solutions are consistent with the IT Transformation Quarterly Operations Plans
- Has thoroughly demonstrated working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (processes, and deliverables) and can work with the process and application teams to identify and close the gaps concerning IT-Quality issues as well as provides metrics for monitoring purposes and measures of success.
- Manages the team in delivering services to achieve and sustain quality and delivery goals.
- Conducts peer reviews to solicit feedback on artifacts created by the tests and EIT delivery teams, business tests and vendors/service providers as part of the SDLC.
- Initiates and implements best practices to improve the delivery process, procedures and tools utilized across Digital Group
- Provides status reporting to Leadership, Digital Group Partners and Executives.
- Contributes to organization’s body of knowledge on process design, modeling, execution, monitoring and optimization.
- Manages the investment of test automation across the program portfolio to achieve organizational goals.
- Translates application domain area expertise into precise test strategy.
- Manages Accountability: Monitors progress and results; gives feedback effectively to both vendor and direct test labor.
- Technical testing expertise to include continuous integration (CI) and continuous testing (CT) and big data reporting competencies. Deliver effective presentations to small groups and/or executive leaders
- Solicit communications feedback from cross-functional resources, and proposed methods to act upon opportunities and/or develop appropriate response
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and develop new solutions.
- Stay educated on emerging technologies
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development or Operations with at least 3 years in managing large complex business systems, with 5+ years in Devops and/or AppOps.
- Expertise in Amazon Web Services. Infrastructure services like AWS Elastic Beanstalk & CloudFormation
- Experience with Docker and Aurora
- Expertise in DevOps tools like Puppet or Chef, Jenkins, Rally, Ansible, ServiceNow, SVN, Maven, GIT, Artifactory,
- Solid experience with the networking, performance, security and operational aspects of the AWS environment
- Proficient in modern architecture stacks, SOA, relational DBs, stateless API, etc
- At least 8 years of experience in senior hands-on scripting programming, at least one structured language such as Python, Perl, Java or C/C++
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies such as virtualization, storage and network domains in a cloud service model
- Key open source contributor to Docker or other DevOps projects will be considered a plus.
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- Experience with continuous integration (CI), continuous test (CT), continuous delivery (CD) model, Agile and DevOps.
- Ability to attain results, convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure. Persists despite obstacles and opposition, sets high standards of performance and pursues challenging goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics.
- Focuses on the end user’s or customer’s needs; ability to set expectations and understand end user behavior.
- Good knowledge of industry best Operations practice.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring software operations engineers and resources for technical and professional growth
- Experience in managing geographically dispersed team
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfort “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
- Experience working in an application technical support/operational role a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline (computer science or information technology).
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
Please note: When applying please use, Google Chrome, FireFox, or Safari browsers. Users may experience issues with Internet Explorer.
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.