- Job Title: Digital Video BIT Engineer
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Date Posted: 1/04/2018
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1801-846
Team People is looking for a Digital Video BIT engineer to work in Washington, DC.
This position is full time and would start immediately!
The position will support television news and studio productions in a dynamic, ever changing broadcasting environment.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Operates, contributes and distributes broadcast-IT based video content through management systems
- Performs file based and audio/visual based quality control on all media using standards as required by intended platforms
- Service driven and can easily interface with client, face to face, in broadcast environment
- Knowledge of broadcast and video rights is helpful
- Provide day-to-day operational support of network systems, includes but not limited to Digital Media systems (software & hardware), streaming and other graphic initiatives, audio/video content in various locations and support streaming media system from encoding to player
- Downloads or otherwise acquires digital content using various delivery methods
- Troubleshoots and seeks to resolve technical/content issues reported by broadcast service provider, vendors and/or clients
- Work directly with video assets, data and the system by contributing, organizing, describing and disseminating assets as needed
- Manages content movement on internal and external networks
- Effectively and efficiently, develops concepts and packages for clients utilizing current system
- Assists in storing completed work and files and add them to Digital Archive; Helps to manage community video content utilizing network accelerators
- Cross work with other areas under Technology & Operations
- Assist with the evaluation & recommendation of new systems and upgrades; Track and evaluate evolving new technology solutions
- Performs other duties as needed.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO OUR TEAM:
- Ability to balance numerous projects and work within tight deadlines
- User IT skills within the broadcast domain
- Familiar with Avid or other content management systems (card-disk-files and video format).
- Ability to form good working relationships and communicate with a wide range of people with different levels of digital knowledge successfully across other departments.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to and learn various digital media platforms
- Knowledge of archiving & digital archiving procedure.
- Must have working knowledge of video in a PC-based IT environment
- Knowledge of:
- Transcode systems
- PAM and MAM systems
- Must have strong written and verbal skills; be well organized and capable of handling multiple assignments
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- Candidate must be willing to undergo background check
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Or 3+ years’ work experience in broadcast television within a digital media management environment.
http://teampeople.force.com/careers: Please note, when applying candidates should use Google Chrome, FireFox or Safari web browser. Candidate may experience issues with Internet Explorer/Edge.
DIVERSITY INCLUSION + CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.