- Job Title: Event Producer
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Date Posted: 10/25/2017
- Location: East Hanover, NJ
- Job #: JO-1710-810
Project manage the technical and customer-facing coordination of live events, meetings and webcasts for a global corporate multimedia facility. Provide day-of event oversight of crew and support of all virtual and digital production requirements. Responsible from the event’s discovery to completion, ensuring contractual and business responsibilities are met from a technical prospective.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support and work closely with department personnel in all aspects of logistical, operational and project coordination as assigned
- Facilitate and lead client discovery meetings to develop scope of technical support required, communicate to team in various locations
- Be proactive in establishing and maintaining relationships with representatives from multiple locations
- Prepare estimates and proposals for client review and monitor budgets throughout event completion
- Create accurate invoicing, tracking & reporting, assisting with business management
- Work with producers and directors to determine most efficient assignment of talent and equipment resources
- Manage event communication and program agenda details to contracted production day personnel
- Manage the daily activities and bookings of freelance staff. Conduct interviews and act as liaison to introduce new talent and resources as needed
- Work in the most proactive, creative and professional manner to provide the highest level of service
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent ability to work as an event leader, taking a project or event from discovery to pre-production through completion
- Must be able to effectively manage a high volume of demanding, concurrent event projects
- Positive attitude, initiative, energy and enthusiasm
- Outstanding customer service orientation including professional presence and superior client relationship skills
- Comfortable working within the live event environment. Studio & field experience within video production is helpful.
- Proficient understanding of all types of event production and virtual platforms (webcasting & web conferences)
- Experience with TalkPoint, Adobe Connect, Skype and other streaming and Unified Communications (US) technologies a strong plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, MS Excel and Word
- Demonstrated experience working with various freelancers, vendors and crew to facilitate a cohesive event
- Exceptional organizational skills; demonstrated project and event management ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to supervise small teams. Sensitivity and tact in dealing with staff/partners/clients at different levels in a very diverse environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and an interest in developing new strategies
- Strong results orientation with a flexible attitude to deliver seamless and timely services to customers
- Candidate must be willing to undergo criminal background check & drug screen
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Video/Film Production, Music or Audio, Communications or related field is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience (flexible with experience) in the corporate or television production or AV events industry, (willing to consider strong entry level candidates that possess live event experience)
- Hands-on experience producing large scale meetings and events
- Experience supervising crews and managing vendors
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.