- Job Title: Freelance Video Engineer
- Employment Type: Freelance
- Date Posted: 10/05/2017
- Location: East Hanover, NJ
- Job #: JO-1608-552
On a freelance or per-event basis, provide day-of event oversight of technical production requirements for an events department of a major pharmaceutical company. Provide hands-on technical support; work collaboratively with a team on global virtual events.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide technical expertise in the field of audiovisual and videoconference systems
- Provides technical support for large event setups; troubleshoots, repair equipment or schedule service if unable to remedy problems; serves as backup on an as-needed basis
- Verify, test, troubleshoot and monitor VC connections prior to and during meetings
- Set up, operate and strike conference room VC and AV systems including varying types of cameras, microphones and sound amplification systems, video displays and projection systems, AV device control systems, videoconferencing equipment, computer control systems, video switching, professional audio and video recording systems and video streaming
- Set up audio systems consisting of microphones, mixer, amplifier, and speakers and adjust system for good speech level with no feedback
- Troubleshoot and resolve immediate technical issues. Report system anomalies, equipment problems
- Operates broadcast and PTZ cameras, lighting equipment, and video switchers for event productions.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & requirements
- Ability to read schematics and signal flow diagrams
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent knowledge of current AV industry practices, standards and procedures
- Experience with videoconferencing equipment, microphone systems, digital audio consoles, video systems, lighting equipment, computers, device control systems
- Understand signal flow and be able to provide troubleshooting for VC, AV and IT equipment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, manage, and schedule work in a busy environment. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Expert-level computer skills in a Windows environment with standard MS Office applications and the ability to learn other specialized software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to include the ability to interface directly with customers and resolve complex service problems; good writing and documentation skills
Education, experience & certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Communications, Audio/Electronic Engineering or related field preferred; or Technical school training with IT training and related experience
- 5+ years of experience with the setup, operation and troubleshooting of conference rooms, auditoriums, theater, hotels and/or broadcast environment
- Desirable certifications include: Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE); Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA); Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA); Certified Technology Specialist (CTS).
- The duties of this position require the ability to bend, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and to stand for long periods of time
- Candidate must be capable of working at heights and have good balance
- Candidate may be required to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds
- Adverse conditions may include noise and dust
Customer Service Commitment
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.