- Job Title: Instructional Designer
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Date Posted: 9/27/2017
- Location: Columbia, MD
- Job #: JO-1709-798
Design & develop web-based training initiatives using multimedia technology and authoring tools
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design instructional material for training courses which may include self-paced modules, instructor-led training and mobile solutions
- Write structurally sound course materials including visual storytelling in instructional designs, vignettes, storyboards, voiceover scripts, scenarios, role plays and simulations
- Conduct effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and quality testing needed for eLearning
- Creating high production quality polished, animated click-through demos or lessons
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and theory and knowledge of best practices in online delivery as demonstrated through the submission of an online module s/he designed and developed using Canvas.
- At least one year of experience evaluating the effectiveness of training.
- At least two years of experience designing online courses using, Adobe Presenter and Adobe Captivate.
- At least two years of experience creating multimedia and SCORM compliant learning modules as evidenced by submitting an online module s/he designed and developed using Canvas.
- Experience with Sound Editing
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills
- Outstanding customer service orientation
- Positive attitude, initiative, energy and enthusiasm
- Well organized and able to handle multiple assignments with varying deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Instructional Design/Technology, Education, Communications or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in the corporate learning and design function
- Excellent samples available electronically for review
^ Please note: When applying please use, Google Chrome, FireFox, or Safari browsers. Users may experience issues with Internet Explorer.
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.