- Job Title: IT Associate
- Employment Type: Temp to Hire
- Date Posted: 6/14/2017
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1706-729
TeamPeople is looking for an IT Associate who is a self-starter, eager to learn a new role and has great customer service skills. This is an early career opportunity for a candidate with 0-2 years experience.
Will be an integral part of the IT Team to process daily support calls, including hardware services and support throughout a large company nationwide. This is a visible and technical role that requires knowledge of hardware and software, common end user applications, networking, and security.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical support in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi- platform, complex computer environment or monitor the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs;
- Will assist in setting up and configuring desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level;
- Record request for services, timing of response and resolution of issues
- Assist users both remotely or in person on any IT hardware break/fix, VTC or desk side media system related problem, identifying tracking, isolate and repair of IT and network faults. Work closely with staff to bring incident to resolution and identify and correct ongoing problems.
- Responsible for monitoring performance of ongoing IT issues
- Attend meetings and share information needed for conferences, events and broadcasts and strategic discussions such as system upgrades
- Proactively generate relationships with internal departments, vendors, clients and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of IT Network , including hardware, software, and application systems
- Knowledge of system development workflow processes, preferred
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people including team personnel, clients and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships
- Familiar with audio visual and meeting/conference/event procedures
- Ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in English; Bilingual in other languages preferred
- Must have strong written and verbal skills; be well organized and capable of handling multiple assignments
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills to successfully manage multiple projects concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
- Brings a can-do attitude and can handle all types of personalities
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- Candidate must be willing to undergo background check
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, IT or related field required
- 0-2years of relevant experience
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.