- Job Title: Media Systems Technician
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Date Posted: 9/26/2017
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1611-610
Reports To: Director, ITS
The Media Systems Technician provides technical support for video and audio conferencing for high level, complex multimedia events in conference rooms and event spaces. The Technician will recommend and evaluate related hardware and software solutions; install and maintain related equipment; and provide training, expertise and guidance to staff and guests.
Responsibilities AND Duties
- Set up, operate and strike conference room systems including varying types of microphones and sound amplification systems, data/video displays and projection systems, AV device control systems, simultaneous interpretation (SI), videoconferencing equipment, computer control systems, video switching, professional audio and video recording systems and video streaming
- Assist Service Desk operations by responding to client calls, monitoring conference room systems via remote desktop software and web cameras and testing video conferences with AV technicians from Tier 1, centrally managed rooms.
- Verify, test, troubleshoot and monitor videoconference connections prior to and during meetings
- Ability to set up PowerPoint presentations, connecting laptop and desktop computers with display interfaces to portable and data projectors; able to correctly size and adjust a data image on-screen
- Ability to set up standard audio systems consisting of microphones, mixer, amplifier, and speakers and adjust system for good speech level with no feedback
- Ability to set up, playback and record from a variety of video and audio sources
- Understand signal flow and be able to provide basic troubleshooting for audiovisual equipment
- Report system anomalies, equipment problems, customer relations issues or any other daily event concerns that arise
- Administer the Audio and Video Conferencing accounts and associated billing, as well as evaluating competitive alternatives for price and performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good knowledge of current AV & VC industry practices, standards and procedures
- Experience with with microphone systems, digital audio consoles, Polycom and Cisco videoconferencing equipment, SI equipment, video systems, lighting equipment, computers, device control systems
- Systems administrative experience with the hardware and Account Management /billing/review of alternate systems/solutions
- Skilled with hand and power tools
- Solid work ethic; interest and enthusiasm for growing skills in the media industry
- Additional production skills such as audio recording, camera operation, editing, or field experience are desirable
- Ability to read, speak and effectively communicate in the English language
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- Candidate must be willing to undergo background check
Education, Experience AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Audio/Electronic Engineering or related field preferred; or Technical school training with electronics training and related experience
- InfoComm CTS certification preferred
- 4+ years of experience with the setup, operation and troubleshooting of conference rooms, auditoriums, theater, hotels and/or broadcast environment
- The duties of this position require the ability to bend, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and to stand for long periods of time
- Candidate must be capable of working at heights and have good balance
- Candidate may be required to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds
- Adverse conditions may include noise and dust
^ Please note: When applying please use, Google Chrome, FireFox, or Safari browsers. Users may experience issues with Internet Explorer.
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.