- Job Title: Media Technology Engineer
- Employment Type: Perm
- Date Posted: 5/30/2017
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Job #: JO-1705-710
The Media Technology engineer will be responsible for all studio, post production, transfer and transcode workflows. The successful candidate will be tasked with supporting and (de)commissioning systems including storage, router, lto, file acceleration, cloud and studio equipment.
This individual will have proficiency in the underlying technology and operations in the areas of video post-production, broadcast standards, editorial process, audio post-production, digital transcoding and distribution, media asset management, media archive systems, motion graphics, quality control, and related IT systems.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Support non-linear editing systems from Adobe including (troubleshooting) software, computer workstations, and related video and audio hardware
- Support operations and proper function of a broadcast studio including cameras, router, control rooms, cabling
- Maintaining a high degree of personal expertise in Storage, Transcoding and File Analysis & Delivery Acceleration System (Signiant, MediaShuttle, Aspera)
- Support and maintain a healthy shared storage systems (Harmonic Mediagrid)
- Maintain and improve workflows in Telestream Vantage
- Maintain the proper function of audiovisual equipment used in conference rooms
- Support archive systems managing enterprise LTO tape libraries from Atempo
- Perform other duties, as assigned
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO OUR TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree in Video/Film Production, Communications or related field is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in post-production or broadcast environment
- Knowledge of all audio and video standards, codecs, formats, and technologies for broadcast and digital distribution
- Proficient in maintenance and troubleshooting Windows, Macintosh, and Linux servers and workstations used for professional audiovisual applications
- Must be able to maintain high level of technical detail.
- Ability to research, troubleshoot, and problem-solve overlapping issues related to audio, video, software, and IT technology.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills with specific ability to articulate technical issues with management, creative staff, and IT
- Familiarity with media asset and content management systems
- Knowledge of digital streaming and online media
- Ability to physically install and relocate AV and server hardware
- Strong understanding of user and system support, infrastructure devices, video/audio cabling
- Flexibility with regard to schedule; ability to work a rotating shift schedule including after hours and weekends as required
- Must be a strong team player, have initiative and be enthusiastic about the products that are delivered.
- Ability to effectively interface with a variety of people, including colleagues, clients and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a positive and proactive attitude and a willingness to “jump in” and help team members
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.