- Job Title: Night Editor – Content Sales (Non-Broadcast) 3 months
- Employment Type: Contract/Temp
- Date Posted: 10/09/2017
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1702-652
Edit broadcast program content for a variety of Sales platforms. Work closely with Global Content Sales team to create content meeting strict file specs and file-naming guidelines. Perform quality control evaluations on outbound global media assets, ensuring sales content deliverables meet technical standards and are universally acceptable for multi-platform distribution.
RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES
- Create files with strict delivery protocols for Global Content Sales.
- Perform Outgoing Quality Control Checks and Conversions.
- Understand and meet highly technical protocols for content delivery.
- Provide edit support for EST (Electronic Sell-Through) and various delivery formats as needed.
- Create, enhance and evolve workflow, create SOPs for sales content delivery.
- Navigate media archive system to access media needed to create Content Sales Edits.
- Collaborate with various internal departments to troubleshoot technical issues regarding media assets, performing technical edit adjustments when needed.
- Perform quality control evaluations and conversions on outbound media assets to ensure distributed products meet the media destination’s technical specifications.
- Using non-linear editing systems, perform basic editing, such as inserting black, and or clean covers to create a textless sequence.
- Complete all necessary work orders.
- Other duties, as needed.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of Premier and AfterEffects.
- Knowledge of AVID helpful but not essential.
- Familiar with strict guidelines for on-line distributors like iTunes or Netflix.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must possess a solid background in Quality Control.
- Strong working knowledge of all video formats.
- Knowledge of high-end encoding workflow.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities.
- Must possess a solid background in television production.
- Knowledge of DALET and Gorilla MAMs, ScheduAll, and VPS to obtain work order assignments and media information helpful but not required.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects with a professional demeanor.
- Must have strong customer service/client relations skills.
- Must be a strong team player, have initiative and be enthusiastic about the products that are delivered.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Video/Film Production, Communications or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years’ work experience in a post facility or in network operations.
- Candidates should have 5+ years-experience with AVID products, Dolby 5.1 Audio, Premiere CC, After Effects, Tektronix, Alchemist, Vantage, UHD workflows, Media Encoder, Compressor, DVD authoring, knowledge of file & tape-based codecs and formats, a thorough MAC & PC cross-platform understanding.
- Experience or familiarity with high-end encoding post workflow (iTunes, Hulu, or Netflix) would be a bonus.
http://teampeople.force.com/careers: Please note, when applying candidates should use Google Chrome, FireFox or Safari web browser. Candidate may experience issues with Internet Explorer/Edge.
DIVERSITY INCLUSION + CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.