- Job Title: Presentation Specialist (Freelance)
- Employment Type: Freelance
- Date Posted: 9/13/2017
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job #: JO-1703-657
Provide reliable and accurate switching/technical direction for live video productions. Set up, operate, troubleshoot and strike Analogue Way Pulse 2 Presentation Switcher or Black Magic Switcher (or similar) and associated components and signal flow. Load and run the PowerPoint Presentation and be able to make changes on the fly.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Studio Manager and/or Producer(s), execute the video design and output of live programs
- Provide oversight to the crew assigned to the production, and be generally responsible for their conduct and performance (includes audio technician(s), camera/robotics and video control operators, lighting technician, floor director, etc).
- Must possess capability to supervise and/or independently set up and operate control room and studio in order to facilitate productions.
- Must calmly and accurately punch multiple cameras, CG and prompt lighting & audio cues
- Guide camera, jib and robotics operators to establish shots as required by production needs
- Troubleshoot production equipment, including switcher and Powerpoint to ensure proper functionality for the day’s production
- Troubleshoot technical issues throughout the production
- Work closely with clients on set to ensure their needs are met and offer creative solutions
- Perform and troubleshoot under pressure of a live environment
- Load and run the Powerpoint Presentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Command of modern digital video production, equipment and processes
- Solid understanding of field and studio production and an ability to deliver precise instructions and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred familiarity with Analogue Way Pulse 2 Presentation Switcher, Spyder or similar equipment
- Basic engineering and equipment troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of IT and digital video, including compression, conversions and codecs
- Customer service orientation; Professional presence and superior client relationship skills
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud and MS PowerPoint
- Experience with PowerPoint, Keynote, Prezi or other presentation software
- Experience working with video and plug-ins for presentation communications
- Ability to perform and troubleshoot under pressure of a live environment
- Well organized and able to handle multiple assignments with varying deadlines
- Energy, enthusiasm, initiative, and strong leadership
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years’ experience in the corporate or broadcast television production industry coupled with strong technical aptitude.
- Experience with live and recorded studio production is required; Samples that demonstrate technical work for major clients are preferred
- Crew supervision experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Video/Film Production or related field, or experience in lieu of
^ Please note: When applying please use, Google Chrome, FireFox, or Safari browsers. Users may experience issues with Internet Explorer.
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.