- Job Title: Producer (Interactive + Film)
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Date Posted: 11/13/2017
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1711-825
PRODUCER – WASHINGTON, DC
Serve as the client-facing contact for the development and production of creative video productions, animations, MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) and other interactive video content. Create and deliver effective video stories working in-house at a global development organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce substantive video productions from concept through completion
- Conduct client discovery, proactively research, write scripts and treatments for interviews, long form, short form, training, marketing and other internal and external video. Involve other staff as needed to be determined by scope of project.
- Act as the primary contact with clients inquiring about or requiring digital video
- Work closely with clients to create a vision or concept for the project. This could include script writing, storyboarding, or concept drawings.
- Manage crucial stages of the project such as discovery, shoot days, key edit days, client approvals, final delivery and follow up
- Provide timely proposals capturing all internal & external costs for each production. Follow procedures for approvals and chargeback’s.
- Organize live shoots and interviews on site or on location, including international locations.
- Interview subjects on or off camera. Provide guidance to non-actor talent to achieve strong on-camera performances
- Create video screeners and prepare media for freelance editing staff and client review. Media manage and archive footage under established protocol.
- Book freelance vendors depending on the needs of the client, negotiate costs and communicate production instructions.
- Provide communication to the full-time team, especially when internal resources are required.
- Be available throughout the duration of a project. This may include weekend and weeknight production meetings or video shoots.
- Complete timely reconciliation, gathering of invoices and job processing for end of month for HQ, chargebacks as per schedule. Ensure capturing of all costs on each job.
- Follow up with the client upon completion of the job to ensure satisfaction, note any pinch points or make corrections for the next event.
- Pitch new and effective ideas for clients to communicate their message using production and streaming services.
- Provide metrics and reporting on client activity
- Complete basic editing tasks as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a proactive, creative problem solver
- Positive attitude, initiative, energy and enthusiasm
- Outstanding customer service orientation including professional presence and superior client relationship skills
- Strong working knowledge of digital video production and streaming technology and processes including the creation and dissemination of all formats of media files
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Comfortable working within a variety of Production Management softwares and systems
- Complete confidentiality as related to pay rates and other financial information
- Must work well in teams and be comfortable both giving direction and receiving it from others
- Flexible, courteous and solutions-oriented approach
- Committed to advancement of learning within the industry
- Post Production or other technical production skills desired
- Familiarity with Post-Production
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Media, or related field
- 6+ years’ demonstrated experience in video production or corporate communications
- Familiarity or interest in global development issues and initiatives to eliminate poverty
- Experience working in a formal, corporate, global business setting
- Able to provide impressive samples that demonstrate producing work for major clients
CUSTOMER SERVICE COMMITMENT
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way necessary. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.