- Job Title: Production Assistant (3 month)
- Employment Type: Contract/Temp
- Date Posted: 10/09/2017
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1710-802
Team People, LLC is seeking a detail oriented, hard-working Production Assistant to work with operations staff, vendors, and MPX video uploads for PR and Digital. Other duties to include processing elements, closed captioning, promos, and bug information in MPX and MAM systems for Digital assets while coordinating priorities and troubleshooting with the Digital Distribution department, and uploading and curating assets into the networks subsidiary to be pitched for global syndication licensing.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Will be responsible for creating MPX video uploads for PR and Digital and tracking non-linear deliverables for network in database systems, verifying assets have been delivered, and helping colleagues, vendors, and clients understand the processes.
- This position coordinates with the Global Distribution group to communicate ETA’s to various teams. Using the Global Distribution Priorities Report and Scheduall, the Coordinator enters due dates/completed dates in the Digital Tracker. Additionally, this position would be responsible for determining when to escalate non-standard issues to the Special Operations Sr. Director, Engineering, Editors, and the appropriate Post Production and Broadcast Operations Managers.
- Works with the Special Operations Sr. Director and Associate Manager to consistently evaluate the workflow and update documented processes as business needs change.
- This position will also act as a back-up to the Assistant Editor for VOD/Hulu and the Special Ops Associate Manager, as needed.
- Monitor the Global Distribution Priorities Report, interact with Post-Production, create ETAs based on standard turnaround timelines, provide status updates to department and follow up with key players until the order is completed.
- To ensure we have excellent standing with YouTube, Facebook, etc., we must deliver on-time (usually 30 days before US air) and to the correct specifications. Keeping the key stakeholders informed when there are late deliveries and high priorities so that we can manage costs and expectations.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING TO OUR TEAM
- Bachelor’s degree in Video/Film Production, Communications or related field is preferred.
- 3+ years’ work experience in a post facility or in network operations.
- Candidates should have 3+ years-experience with AVID products, Dolby 5.1 Audio, Premiere CC, After Effects, Tektronix, Alchemist, Vantage, MPX, UHD workflows, Media Encoder, Compressor, DVD authoring, knowledge of file & tape-based codecs and formats, a thorough MAC & PC cross-platform understanding.
- Demonstrated professional, proactive and friendly verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of video/audio technical specifications of all video formats.
- Must be extremely organize and detail oriented.
- Must possess a solid background in television production.
- Must possess a solid background in Quality Control.
- Working knowledge of ScheduAll, Dalet, MS Office and VPS.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be able to provide concise status updates on projects at the end of their shift
- Must be a strong team player, have initiative and be enthusiastic about the products that are delivered.
- Ability to effectively interface with a variety of people, including colleagues, clients and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships
- Entrepreneurial spirit, a positive and proactive attitude and a willingness to “jump in” and help team members
http://teampeople.force.com/careers: Please note, when applying candidates should use Google Chrome, FireFox or Safari web browser. Candidate may experience issues with Internet Explorer/Edge.
DIVERSITY INCLUSION + CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.