- Job Title: Production Technician
- Employment Type: Freelance
- Date Posted: 9/25/2017
- Location: San Antonio, TX
- Job #: JO-1705-720
This position supports a variety of live events, webcasts and studio and field production. Working as a part of a technical team, the Production Technician is required to set-up, troubleshoot, operate and strike equipment resources for successful capture, completion and delivery of projects and events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform set-up, testing, operation and break down of sophisticated audio and video equipment
- Work cooperatively with a production team to deliver the highest possible quality event or production
- Under the direction of the Studio Manager and/or Producer(s), execute the video design and output of live or recorded programs
- Provide oversight to the crew assigned to the production, and be generally responsible for their conduct and performance (includes audio technician(s), camera and video control operators, lighting technician, floor director, etc).
- Operate video and still cameras
- Record sound and live mix for webcasts, video, stage events, interviews and meetings
- Independently set up and operate studio audio control room to facilitate studio, auditorium productions or webcasts
- Perform technical directing/switching for live and recorded events
- Provide day of event direction to executive talent
- In support of global productions, work with technical team to prepare video production equipment for shipping & delivery
- Organize equipment inventory and find creative solutions for most effective use of equipment
- Troubleshoot production equipment, including switcher to ensure proper functionality for the day’s production
- Other related studio duties as needed
- Working video engineering knowledge
- Able to perform well in a deadline driven, high profile environment
- Willingness to learn and keep current with client’s proprietary equipment and applications
- Must work well in teams and be comfortable both giving direction and receiving it from others yet at times able to shoot independently without supervision.
- Command of modern digital video production, equipment and processes
- Proficiency with various video hardware, switchers and routers, specifically Ross Vision switcher and Ikegami cameras (HK387B and HD GF Cams)
- Customer service orientation; Professional presence and superior client relationship skills
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and production colleagues in a corporate environment
- Energy, enthusiasm, initiative, and strong leadership
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Willing to undergo background check
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years’ experience in the corporate or broadcast production industry; experience in live and recorded studio production
- Bachelor’s degree in Video/Film Production or related field, or experience in lieu of
- Samples that demonstrate technical work for major clients are preferred
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.