- Job Title: Project Manager – Design
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Date Posted: 10/02/2017
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1707-754
Provides primary project management and scheduling assistance to the Creative Services Team. Also serves as a production artist on an as-needed basis. This includes managing project schedules, tracking budgets, status reporting and client traffic management
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be main point of contact for project; developing good working relationships with project stake holders (internal and external). This includes clarifying, setting and meeting expectations.
- Perform project management tasks from project conception to delivery (maintain client contact, record client communication in the MIS schedule and attend meetings, and send meeting recaps.)
- Work closely with the design and technical teams to develop project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Create and deliver clear and accurate statements of work (SOWs) to clients for all projects.
- Coordinate print projects, request quotes, and route invoices to appropriate parties for payment
- Provide clients with any required materials to facilitate project processing including: design brief, meeting recap, schedule, project instructions, etc.
- Distribute list of action items after each meeting and follow-up with client and Creative Services team for completion. Manage and monitor scope and alert stakeholders of project risks.
- Create and revise project schedules; distribute to client and project team.
- Manage the delivery of design proofs, and final files between internal/external printers and the Creative Services team.
- Meet deadlines and deliver to budget.
- Proactively participate in any other initiatives (i.e. documenting processes creating training manuals, customer education.)
- Work on design projects, as needed and serve as back-up to designers.
- Other duties as assigned including answering Multimedia Section phones, as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A clear understanding of the principles of Project Management and appropriate methodologies and processes
- Proficient in project management software, Microsoft suites (Excel, Outlook, Word) and Adobe CC
- Able to identify and delegate tasks effectively and manage multiple projects
- Strong communication skills (face-to-face and written)
- Excellent time management skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing/communication or Graphic Design
- PMP certification a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a traffic/project manager in an advertising or creative agency, or an in-house agency environment.
- Minimum of 2 years Graphic design experience
http://teampeople.force.com/careers: Please note, when applying candidates should use Google Chrome, FireFox or Safari web browser. Candidate may experience issues with Internet Explorer/Edge.
DIVERSITY INCLUSION + CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.