- Job Title: Recruiter
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Date Posted: 9/27/2017
- Location: Falls Church, VA
- Job #: JO-1709-795
The Talent Placement Specialist/ Recruiter is responsible for sourcing, interviewing, and referring applicants for positions (non-management & management) in the corporate and creative landscape, including digital media production, audiovisual, engineering, and other creative and technical roles. This person in this role must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a curiosity and ability to learn knowledge of all positions in the industry as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates within assigned team; conducts initial interviews, coordinates interview process, prompts and assists hiring managers, reviews vetting criteria and communicates with candidates and clients throughout the process.
- Manages current candidate activity in the company’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS).Performs daily tasks of maintaining talent database; assists with candidate recruitment calls, conducts cold searches and referral follow up, undertakes pre-qualification of talent, and helps to manage and grow the candidate pipeline.
- Provides the team with innovative approaches to locating outstanding talent. Follows up on suggested recruiting avenues and develop relationships to grow viable talent sources. Uses traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates such as social media, career fairs, on-line job fairs, community network events, etc.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) in order to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Interface internally with Human Resources to support human resources processes by administering tests; scheduling appointments; assisting employee orientation; maintaining records and information to ensure documents and files pertaining to talent representation are complete and confidential.
- Develops and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals. Provides briefing and debriefing candidates before and after interviews.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (i.e. benefits, compensation, non-competition agreements, etc.).
- Serves as the principal contact for newly hired employees; including processing references, new hire paperwork, coordinating required medical testing (i.e., drug screens), inputting background checks to appropriate agencies, and ensuring compliance to government and organization recordkeeping requirements (i.e., I-9)
- Provides compensation benchmarking for client reporting
- Works on special projects and contract transitions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated professional and friendly verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative and look beyond current role openings and identify strong industry talent.
- High level of sense of urgency; actively listens to others and acts upon information gained.
- Ability to interface effectively with a variety of people, including team personnel, clients and vendors to establish productive, ongoing relationships.
- Ability to understand, interpret, explain and apply the organization’s employment and onboarding policies.
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of public contact by phone or in person
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- Ability to prioritize, juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines, both as an individual contributor and support team member.
- Ability to quickly learn new software systems.
- Proficiency with MS Office; able to create forms, tables, charts and formulas.
- Familiarity with social media platforms. Experience with LinkedIn Recruiter and Salesforce platform preferred.
- Ideal candidate has entrepreneurial spirit, a positive and proactive attitude and outgoing personality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, Management or related field required
- 1-2 years recruiting or human resources experience
- Familiarity with human resources, staffing or media/video production process preferred
CUSTOMER SERVICE COMMITMENT:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.