- Job Title: Senior Broadcast Engineer
- Employment Type: Perm
- Date Posted: 7/05/2017
- Location: Washington, DC
- Job #: JO-1707-733
Service, maintain and operate all video and audio systems. Serve as technical liaison with outside television productions facilities, uplink sites, communicates and coordinate with MCR operations staff, Studio supervisor and supervisor of Broadcast Services before and during broadcast events. Perform verification testing of all program video, audio, and QC’ing circuits for continuity and proper operation prior to each broadcast to assure quality control, including system timing and phasing. Coordinate with engineering staff at other facilities to verify signal path continuity to its final destination if the program is to be transmitted; monitors all broadcasts, correcting any problems; reconfigured plant switching and patching, testing circuits as programming requirements change throughout the day. Lead day-to-day maintenance efforts as directed under the supervision of the Supervisor of Broadcast engineering.
Must have experience with a television broadcast engineering department. A background in digital broadcast equipment, live production and IT is required. Work closely with the supervisor of Broadcast engineering, Studios team, and Production teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Configure facility and production equipment for all news and studio productions
- Administer procedures regarding transmission distribution of fiber signals, ensuring all content maintains QC during inbound/outbound processing
- Provide input to the Studio Manager during planning process for upgrades of production facility
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of all technical equipment including Editing, Graphics, Switchers, Routers, and associated Studio equipment
- Take ownership of systems and subsystems (i.e., routers, coms systems, fiber platforms)
- Develop workflows for new and existing equipment operation
- Provides expertise in all areas of technical setup in control room, studio and remote locations
- Maintain equipment documentation and preventative maintenance procedures
- Work with Studio Manager and Team Coordinator on scheduling of maintenance windows & maintenance tasks including basic repairs, equipment replacement, cleaning, supplies, etc.
- Maintains all CAD documentation
- Train (as necessary) personnel operation of in-house routing systems, transmissions, feeds and quality control functions such as reading test equipment as necessary
- Install cabling and new equipment as assigned
- Support production in setting up and maintaining broadcast equipment
- Provide direction to on site Communication Technicians for general studio work, maintenance and upkeep
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 8+ years broadcast, large market television experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of current HD/SD television systems and technology
- Must have experience working with AVID editing systems
- Advanced proficiency with computer systems (IT)
- Willingness to learn client’s proprietary equipment and applications
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing and solving complex technical problems and an interest in developing new strategies
- Demonstrated project management and personnel supervisory skills and abilities
- Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player
- Candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills, be well organized and capable of handling multiple assignments
- An overall understanding of the live program production process is necessary and a strong sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution is critical
- Candidate must have a commitment to excellence and to ongoing education in broadcast engineering and IT and to the mastery of their craft
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Communications, Electronic Engineering or related field preferred; or Technical school training with electronics training and related experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in television engineering studio operations required
- Experience as broadcast engineer in multi-camera studio and AV environments
- Understanding and experience in live video productions and post-production processes required.
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.