- Job Title: Senior Media Systems Technician I
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Date Posted: 9/19/2017
- Location: East Hanover, NJ
- Job #: JO-1709-792
Serve as event and production technical lead and staff mentor for high level, complex multimedia events. Provide expertise and guidance to clients and technical and operational feedback for engineering decisions and management reports. This position requires a strong technical aptitude and basic engineering skills to support a variety of events, streaming and virtual projects and studio and field production. Working as a part of a creative team the successful candidate will be required to advise during pre-production and manage equipment and software resources for successful capture, completion and delivery of projects.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide pre-meeting guidance and day-of meeting consultation with clients
- Set up, operate and strike event and production systems including varying types of virtual solutions, streaming solutions, AV device control systems, videoconferencing equipment, computer control systems, microphones and sound amplification systems, data/video displays and projection systems, cameras, video switching, staging, lighting, professional audio and video recording systems and other related systems.
- Verify, test, troubleshoot and monitor all connections prior to and during meetings
- Organize equipment inventory and find creative solutions for most effective use of equipment; prepare video production equipment for remote shoots
- Take ownership of service areas as assigned, documenting SOPs or WPDs, participate in equipment inventory, future planning and special projects
- Assist with examining technical solutions for video productions, digital signage and other multimedia media services offered by the department
- Work effectively with staff, clients and other vendors to provide these services and ensure the impeccable customer service
- As a senior team member, openly share knowledge with others and mentor junior team members
- Provide quality assurance so that all materials produced comply with technical standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Must demonstrate technical proficiency and a grasp of the entire event and video production process
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and apply current and new technologies
- Excellent customer service and resource management skills; proactive and responsive
- Solid supervisory and team collaboration skills; able to effectively communicate knowledge and expertise with others
- Proficiency setting up, operating/troubleshooting audio systems, video systems, routers, IP-based technologies, video streaming, collaboration and media storage systems
- Capability to read and understand wiring diagrams, CAD drawings and schematics
- Familiarity with computer networks (LANs, net connections and IP)
- High level of problem solving skills and the ability to recommend and implement alternative set-up and/or operations for complex systems
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and production colleagues in a corporate environment
- Candidate must be willing to undergo background check & drug screen
- The duties of this position require the ability to bend, kneel, crawl, climb ladders and to stand for long periods of time
- Candidate may be required to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Audio/Electronic Engineering or related field preferred; or Technical school training with electronics training and related experience considered
- InfoComm (CTS, CTS-D and/or CTS-I) required
- 5+ years’ experience with the setup, operation and troubleshooting of conference rooms, auditoriums, theater, hotels and/or broadcast environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE COMMITMENT
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way necessary. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
http://teampeople.force.com/careers: Please note, when applying candidates should use Google Chrome, FireFox or Safari web browser. Candidate may experience issues with Internet Explorer/Edge.
DIVERSITY INCLUSION + CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is dedicated to providing superior customer service and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.