- Job Title: Videographer/Editor
- Employment Type: Temp to Hire
- Date Posted: 1/24/2017
- Location: Rockville, MD
- Job #: JO-1701-636
The Videographer / Editor is responsible for hands-on video production, shooting and editing under the supervision and guidance of the Executive Producer. S/he will light and shoot interviews, manage video, audio and graphic assets, and maintain the accuracy of the digital video library.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with the producer/director to develop creative and engaging ways to visualize our internal client’s needs.
- Use lighting, lens choice, composition, and camera movement to shoot interviews, and b-roll with equipment similar to a Canon C300MKII or Sony FS7.
- Use microphone placement and appropriate mixing in order to produce exceptional audio.
- Operate as one-person band shooter at production shoots and KP events if needed.
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud to create high quality, polished, and creatively edited videos.
- Review cuts with clients and incorporate comments to create a strong product that serves the clients’ needs.
- Identify correct format and compression needs and complete projects to specifications.
- Create all outputs, including masters, captioned versions and textless splits.
- Identify software and plug-in needs to build graphics.
- Archive projects and video elements, and ensure appropriate media management.
- Troubleshoot edit system problems.
- Produce final files for release and archive same for compliance and legal requirements.
- Creates deliverables, project administration/files and status reports.
- Maintains library of stock images, footage, research and audio for future use.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate media technology information and limitations to non-technical personnel.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of media production best practices, technologies and processes.
- Prioritization skills to multi-task under pressure and within short time constraints.
- Familiarity with editing systems and post-production facilities.
- Professional on-set demeanor.
- Experience scouting shoot locations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with multi-camera shoots as a Director of Photography and camera operator.
- Minimum of three (3) year of experience editing in Adobe Premiere.
- 3 years’ experience with developing video for web distribution.
- 1 year of experience with Adobe After Effects.
- 1 year of experience with post-production audio mixing in Adobe Audition.
- 1 year of experience color grading RAW footage in SpeedGrade or DaVinci Resolve.
Customer Service + Diversity Inclusion:
TeamPeople is an organization dedicated to providing superior customer service. Outstanding customer service encompasses everything from performing the technical, creative and operational aspects of our jobs to the best of our ability, to going the extra mile to assist our customers and colleagues in any way.
We respect, value and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to collectively and more effectively address the issues that face our customers. It is our aim, therefore, that our partners, strategies and investments reflect these core values. TeamPeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.